The Commercial Agent is a leader in the agency responsible for new business and retention. The Commercial Agent works with other members of the agency to build strong relationships with clients by providing outstanding service. The insurance industry is built on a foundation of trust, and the agency requires that all team members model honesty, team-work, professionalism and a strong work ethic.
- Pursues new business by making sales calls and building relationships.
- Secures new business consistent with agency goals.
- Adds additional lines of coverage for existing clients.
- Designs insurance programs for clients.
- Prepares and delivers proposals.
- Gathers necessary information for underwriting.
- Retains business by building rapport and overseeing quality of service provided to clients.
- Reviews claims and ensures necessary action is taken by the claims servicing organization; assists when necessary.
- Collects premiums, arranges financing, and cancels coverage.
- Participates in the development of marketing material.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships internally and with insurance company representatives (underwriting, claims, loss prevention, marketing, etc.)
- Manages special projects.
- Provides technical support and training to others within the agency.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands and interprets abstract information.
- Strong time management skills including planning, prioritizing and organizing work.
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Imaginative and creative
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Competent analytical and reasoning skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and multiple-tasking environment.
- P&C License
- Office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature extremes, machinery, etc.
- Extended viewing of computer monitor.
- Extensive use of telephone.
- Travel for client meetings, prospecting activities, insurance company meetings and training.