The Account Manager is a leader in the agency and serves as the primary service contact for clients and agents. The Account Manager works with other members of the agency to build strong relationships with clients by providing outstanding service. The insurance industry is built on a foundation of trust, and the agency requires that all team members model honesty, team-work, professionalism and a strong work ethic.
- Serves as a liaison between agents, insurance companies and clients.
- Receives calls from clients and insurance companies, and handles requests and/or refers to agents as necessary.
- Processes new and renewal policies and endorsements.
- Reviews data and information for accuracy.
- Facilitates renewal activities (including collecting information from clients, completing applications, managing the remarketing of accounts and preparing proposals).
- Ensures that all renewals are produced.
- Processes requests from clients and agents for certificates, account summaries, endorsements, policies, cancellations and account status.
- Facilitates new business submissions by collecting and organizing information for underwriting.
- Corresponds with insurance company representatives.
- Handles client invoices and premium transactions (including audits).
- Informs clients on policy coverage, changes, needs, and exclusions
- Manages special projects.
- Provides technical support and training to others within the agency.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands and interprets abstract information.
- Strong time management skills including planning, prioritizing and organizing work.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and multiple-tasking environment.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Imaginative and creative.
- College education or equivalent insurance experience preferred.
- P&C License